Planet 7 Casino has been welcoming players from around the globe since 2009, in the process becoming one the leading mid-size online gaming establishments. They’re also notable for accepting American players, which is still something of a rarity following the passage of the UIGEA by the Bush administration.
Their selection of games may surprise first-time visitors, and their sign-up bonus offers cash rewards on each of the initial eight deposits. If you need more encouragement to open an account, just check out this review about the positives and negatives of Planet 7 Casino.
First Impressions of Planet 7 Casino
The first time I checked out the Planet 7 site, I was impressed with their streamlined design and wealth of casino gaming options. Clicking on the “banking” tab revealed a number of deposit and withdrawal options, and I was thrilled to learn that they accept players from the United States.
I was even more impressed with their promotions and VIP club. The former offers free money to players every day of the week, and the wagering requirements are comparable to competing sites. While I don’t play enough to take full advantage of the VIP program, it’s an option that any high roller or grinder should look into.
Is Planet 7 Casino Safe?
The casino is powered by software from Realtime Gaming, and their 15+ years in the business can assure you that all casino games are operated fairly. They’re one of the biggest names in the virtual gambling industry, so there should be no problems on that front.
Other elements surrounding Planet 7 are not as certain. First of all, they’ve been associated with the Crystal Palace and Ace Revenue groups, and both have a long reputation for engaging in slow-pay tactics. There have also been multiple complaints regarding treatment of players, especially once they start asking for money to be paid out.
If there are problems, the licensing jurisdiction of Costa Rica isn’t going to be of assistance. They’ve long been known for taking a “hands off” approach, meaning they don’t care what casinos in their jurisdiction do as long as they pay their fees to the government.
Bonuses and Rewards Programs
Planet 7 offers a number of bonus options, as well as a VIP program to reward repeat customers. The former is especially impressive, with eight different opportunities to earn bonus cash when you first sign up. Weekly and monthly bonuses are also offered, but the following are available throughout the year:
- $7,777 Welcome Bonus Divided up over your first eight deposits, this 100% matching bonus goes up to $777 for your first deposit. After that, all deposit bonuses cap out at $1,000 for the next seven deposits.
- Slot Special 100% matching bonus on deposits between $30 and $10,000. Only slots and keno satisfy the 30x wager requirement.
- Table Games Bonus 80% matching bonus on deposits from $30 to $10,000. Only table games satisfy the 60x wager requirement.
- Weekend Special Get a 130% bonus when you make a $30 to $10,000 deposit on Saturday or Sunday. Wagering requirement is 30x (or 60x for video poker and table games).
- Monday Funday Special Deposit between $30 and $10,000 on a Monday and receive a 110% bonus. Wager requirements are 30x, or 60x for table games and video poker.
- Player Appreciation Free Chip Deposit at least $200 during a month and receive a $50 free chip. You must withdraw twice the chip amount, and the wagering requirement is 30x (60x for table games and video poker).
- Wire Transfer Bonus Get a 20% bonus added to any other bonus when you deposit via wire transfer. Wagering requirements are determined by which bonus you choose.
- VIP Member Bonus Members of the VIP program can receive a 130% match bonus on deposits of $100 to $10,000. Wager requirements are 25x (or 50x for table and video poker games).
The Planet 7 VIP program has five levels, and it provides frequent players with all manner of perks. If you’re a true high roller, just look at everything you can gain access to at the fifth level:
- Custom gifts
- Casino balance insurance for $50,000
- Insurance paid at the start of every month
- Access to exclusive bonuses and promotions
- Every $2 wagered earns an additional comp point
Planet 7 doesn’t really offer mobile gaming. The casino used to have a mobile presence, but only one table game and three slots were offered at that time. They must have discontinued the service due to lack of customer interest, so anyone wanting to play on their portable device needs to look elsewhere.
Planet 7 Casino Games
Planet 7 Casino specializes in casino games, and they offer over 100 options to choose from. Their entire selection is powered by Realtime Gaming, one of the leading names in the industry. This means you can always count on fast loading times, smooth graphics, and crisp sounds.
The casino divides their games into the following sections: slots, table games, video poker, and specialty games. We’ll examine each of these in the next four sections, providing readers with a strong idea of what to expect before they ever set eyes on the actual casino website.
While Planet 7 accepts players from the United States, they don’t act as though the passage of the UIGEA has harmed their ability to accept deposits from players. In fact, they state on their website that they have one of the best records in the industry for successfully processing money into customer accounts.
The two main deposit options listed on their site are as follows:
- VISA This credit card option can normally prove difficult for players in the United States, but Planet 7 insists that they’ve got players covered. Keep in mind, though, that some of the leading casinos have difficulty on this front. Players in other parts of the world, however, should find it a simple matter to perform a transaction.
- Neteller One of the world’s leading e-wallet services, Neteller is not available to players in the United States. For those who live elsewhere, they’ll find that their account can be loaded with money online or at an available kiosk.
Other deposit options are supposed to be available, but the site doesn’t provide any additional information other than their logo. If you want to know more, you’re supposed to contact their customer service department.
Withdrawal options may change at times according to their site, but the following three options are always available:
- Bank Checks
- Bank Wire
- Cash Transfer
It takes 7 to 10 business days for a withdrawal request to be approved or denied. If it’s accepted, payment will be made within 10 to 14 business days. The minimum withdrawal is $100, and a processing fee is involved for checks or money transfers. There’s also a per-week maximum withdrawal limit of $2,500, so any amount over that is paid out in subsequent weeks.
Planet 7 takes a great amount of pride in their customer service department, and there’s someone standing by 24/7 to answer your questions. If you need to get in touch with them, the following methods of contact are available:
- Live Chat
Live chat remains my preference, but those who use email can choose from five different categories to best meet their needs. These include the following: payouts, deposits, general, marketing, and technical. I sent out a message to each to test them, and the average response time was just over one hour.